HOTSHOTS WALL BALL WORKOUT
Our Wall Ball Workout is a series of simple drills that make up what Hotshots Lacrosse considers a quality wall ball session. Each time you play wall ball you should not just be aimlessly throwing the ball against the wall, but picking out a specific spot, moving your feet and should last at least 20 intense minutes of skilled stick work.
Stick skills are by far the most important facet of the game of lacrosse. If you spend time working on the wall and following this routine we guarantee that you will become a better player. All great lacrosse players have spent hours and hours on the wall. Now that you have the program, it’s up to you to find a wall and get started.
Having good stick skills is crucial for improving your abilities in the game of lacrosse.
FOR BEST RESULTS
1. Find a flat brick or concrete wall at least 10 feet high, the longer the better
2. Every drill that you do- do it with both hands 50 times each!
3. Always wear gloves when you are performing your routine- you play with gloves so why not practice with gloves
4. Stand 5-7 yards away from the wall
5. Perform this routine at least 4-5 times per week
6. Each routine should be at least 20 minutes in length- if you finish all drills in less than 20 minutes, repeat drills starting with the drill that challenged you the most
7. Listening to music always helps to work harder, so crank up the tunes
8. Have fun!
DRILL 1 - BOTH HANDS CATCH AND CRADLE
DRILL 2 - ONE HAND CATCH AND CRADLE
DRILL 3 - QUICK STICKS
DRILL 4 - ONE HAND QUICK STICKS
DRILL 5 - CATCH ACROSS BODY / SAME HAND
DRILL 6 - CATCH ACROSS BODY / ONE HAND SNAG
DRILL 7 - SPLIT DODGE
DRILL 8 - CROSS HAND
DRILL 9 - BEHIND THE BACK / CREATE YOUR OWN